Old June 3rd 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Default Spaying incision length

John Hinson wrote:
Hello,

I had Daisy spayed today; I was shocked at the length ot the incision
(about 4 inches) and now wonder about the credentials of the vet.

I'm really upset about this and blame myself for maybe not asking
enough questions about the surgery beforehand.

When I adopted my first 2 cats the SPCA spayed them before I took them
home. Their incisions were only about an inch long and I didn't have
to take them back to have stitches removed.

Are there different surgical techniques that explain the disparity?

Thanks.

Could this have something to do with the cat having recently had kittens?
Size of past-partum uterus, etc?