Old August 11th 14, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Fleas

On 8/10/2014 8:13 PM, Joy wrote:
On 8/10/2014 12:33 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Joy wrote:
Koala's paperwork says he was treated for fleas. However, since I
brought him home, my ankles are covered with bites. Any suggestions?
I'm tempted to buy two flea collars and wear them as ankle bracelets.

Joy

Problem is, that only takes care of the fleas that were on the CAT -
they're probably reproducing in your carpet. I've had good luck with
the aerosol products sold to fumigate your home - but of course you must
remove yourself and your pets for the recommended time required to do
the job.

Yes, and that would be a major problem. Pickles is terrified of the cat
carrier, and since I trapped him in it to take him to the vet, Koala
doesn't think much of it either. I seem to get bitten only when I go in
the room where he is, and there is no carpet in there. Actually, I
don't think I have any new bites today.

Joy

If you can set up a bowl with water and some liquid detergent and a
lamp... if there are any fleas around it will help trap them. Flea eggs
can get into crevices of hardwood floors.

Good luck!

Jill