Old May 8th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Myth or not, does talk radio keep cat company

"Gregg" wrote in message
I have yet to prove to my caregiver the cat, misses me and the talk
radio keeps her company, yet the animal sheater said the radio being
on when I am gone does not help the cat loneiness, who is right or
wrong

It's difficult to know since we can't really hold conversations about radio
vs. no-radio with our cats. However, I am of the opinion that it does
help -- and it certainly can't hurt. I left a radio tuned (moderate volume)
to "easy listening" or classical radio when Duffy was in a bedroom by
himself during the days when I was introducing him to Holly. I think they
are used to companionship and think the sound of a radio or TV would help.
This is especially true if the cat is alone (that is, no other cats for
companionship).

MaryL