Old December 16th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Just Me

Default Help! My kitten is limping

I tried to get an appt at vet. Left mesg on their ans machine but they
never called back. It seems emergencies always happen on weekends when it's
harder to get care for an animal or even human.

Kitty has been limping and licking/ favoring his left paw. When I try to
gently feel around it he whinces like he's in pain. This is same kitty I
wrote about here who has feline leukemia. He seems to be doing good in that
regard, i.e. feisty, eating, etc. I did notice that the toe at the end of
his paw seems to be pulled away from rest of paw. Is that normal? Anyone
know what this might be.

I did accidentally step on him in the dark about two weeks ago but he didn't
appear injured at that time. I hope I didn't break his toe.