Old August 25th 04, 01:02 AM
Wendy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.rescue", "Wendy"
artfully composed this message within
on 24 Aug 2004:

Is the red tongue a sign of some illness or could it
be from increased blood supply because of her agitated state.

I guess I'd be worried about fever, but some searching turned up
heatstroke as a possible reason for a red tongue.

Congrats on the new fosters, and best wishes for the lil wons.

--
Cheryl

I came up with heat stroke when I did a search too. It was a relatively cool
day with low humidity yesterday though so I don't think that is it. She
settled down a little this afternoon and the tongue isn't as red so maybe it
was just from freaking out. She's stopped lunging at me and now just hisses.

I've got 6 fosters from 3 different litters at the moment. I have 2 left
from the litter of 7. All the rest of them have been adopted. I got two 4
wk. old kittens last Friday and then the two yesterday. I've been told there
are three more from the last litter still out there that they are trying to
trap. I hope they manage to get them soon. The older they are the more
challenging it is to get them used to people.