Old December 7th 14, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Default Lab Testing after Thyroid treatment

On 12/7/2014 3:36 PM, Sylvia M wrote:

Better fact finding than I have done. Many thanks.

...........that endocrine doc's site is the best!

Sodium 154 mEq/L range 145-158
Potassium 4.9 mEq/L range:3.4-5.6
Na/K Ratio 31 range 32-41

.......So it's only slightly askew. Just so you know what's dangerous, a
dog with undiagnosed Addison's disease had an Na:K ratio of 13:1. No
one knew why her heart was still beating.

And not after a fast, so I'll assume not an issue.

I'll calm down, check her diet, perhaps change part,
and wait for next test, given early in the morning, before feeding

.......Yes, breathe! I always do BW, if it's scheduled ahead, the first
thing in the AM. Then they only have to wait a bit for breakfast!

buglady
take out the dog before replying