Old November 10th 03, 11:16 PM
CajunPrincess

Victor Martinez wrote in message . ..
CajunPrincess wrote:
I think I have heard of this behavior before, but seeing it just
cracks me up.

Ours do the same when we feed them wet food they don't like. Why don't
you try other brands? Ours love the Nutro Gourmet California Supreme
flavor and the new ProPlan canned foods.

I'm guessing that we'll end up switching (will kinda miss the show,
though). I'm going to ask the vet about it along with some other
questions this week. Interestingly, our vet's standing recommendation
is to stick to one brand/flavor all the time (they recommend Hill's)
and to consult with them if it appears the cat is not eating before
switching brands/flavors (they have a tech whose duties include
providing advice over the phone to those who adopt about any kind of
behavioral or health issues). The vet's theory is that if you vary
brands/flavors, you encourage finicky eating behavior. I'm sure that
they don't advise sticking to this practice if a cat refuses to eat
entirely for some reason. Fortunately, in this case the problem
relates only to the wet food we feed Kona. I hope the solution
doesn't involve carrying different brands of wet food for each cat,
but if it does it won't be the end of the world.