Old November 11th 03, 04:57 AM
Marina

"CajunPrincess" wrote

Interestingly, our vet's standing recommendation
is to stick to one brand/flavor all the time (they recommend Hill's)
and to consult with them if it appears the cat is not eating before
switching brands/flavors (they have a tech whose duties include
providing advice over the phone to those who adopt about any kind of
behavioral or health issues). The vet's theory is that if you vary
brands/flavors, you encourage finicky eating behavior.

That is really interesting. I've come to the exact opposite conclusion. I
feed my cats different food every day, and always have, and rarely do I find
any food left in their bowls. I give them about 50-50 wet food and fresh
meat, and a small handful of dry food in the evenings as a treat. The only
times they won't eat they are either sick, or I've had to grab a tin of
cheap food at the market because I didn't have time to go to the pet store
and get some proper food, and they won't eat cheap food. I don't blame them.
;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki