Old November 14th 05, 10:07 AM
Adrian

Default Clyde and the Blackbird

Jeanette wrote:
wafflycat wrote in message

"Bev" wrote in message
I know exactly what you mean Tweed, I always have a big conflict
with my bird-watching and the cats. I always give bread to the
sparrows but never
nearby as it is an invitation to dinner for any cats. I am lucky
that B &
C and FSP rarely catch birds.

Bev

I have feeding stations in the willow tree at one end of the garden.
Alongside it is a large tree stump from a long dead apple tree. I put
various nuts, seeds, fruits & fat cakes on the stump and have the
feeding stations in the tree topped up. Have to say the felines
catch very few birds; their preferred prey is rodent ;-) Plus, in
the colder weather, the birds often *need* the stores of food put
out in gardens.

Cheers, helen s

I agree with Helen. I put food out for the birds, which helps them
raise more chicks than my cats ever catch.

Jeanette

Also, I find by feeding the birds there are more pairs of eyes to spot
predators and raise the alarm. Baggy has lived here nearly two years now and
has caught about a dozen birds in that time, nearly all of them he caught
somewhere else and brought them home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.