Old February 15th 05, 08:34 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-10, O J penned:

Besides the normal things that kittens will do, such as wrestle under the
dust ruffle of the bed with her brother all night, crashing into the bed and
making more noise than you'd think two tiny kittens could, she liked to suck
on my neck at night. Since I was still working at the time and needed some
sleep, I ended up shooing her away.

If I had it to do over again, I'd just do without the sleep. Tasha grew up
into an introverted cat who loves affection, but will not come and get it on
her own. She's also a kneader, but not on me or Lynda, she has a close
relationship with an afghan that Lynda crocheted. If she's walking by, I'll
always pat my leg and she'll come by for a few skritches, but will then move
away. I can't really explain why she only wants a few pats and then I have
to pat my leg some more to call her back for a few more skritches.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I'd swear that she doesn't really
believe that she deserves a good skritching, "Thank you daddy, but you
really don't have to skritch poor old unlovable me".

I really do think that you're reading too much into it. When Oscar was a
baby, she always wanted to lick my hair at night. I found it really annoying,
so I always moved her off of my head.

Oscar is certainly a bit skittish, but she's also very sure that she deserves
attention. When she wants it, she will come to you with a big purr, and she
has no doubt that you will perform.

Tasha's probably just expressing her natural personality. Some cats aren't
cuddlebugs.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully