Old January 7th 04, 04:17 PM
Yngver

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote:

They are also deceptively fast. People talk about how Irwin could have
"rescued" the kid. Ummm, one slipup and he would have already been dead.
How much do these people think it takes to kill a baby? How long?

Actually, according to experts on sal****er crocodiles, they are fairly slow
and awkward on land. I'm sure that Irwin, who has many years experience
capturing and relocating rogue crocodiles and who has hand-raised most of the
crocodiles in his zoo, was smart enough to pick the most docile, predictable
croc he has when deciding to show it to the baby. Sure, you can try to argue
that "anything can happen", but that means the same is true about any situation
at all. Someone in the audience could have pulled out a gun and shot the infant
too. I'm surprise no one is arguing that Irwin shouldn't allow zoo visitors
close to his baby--after all, they are even more unpredictable than the
crocodiles he's spent the last thirty years handling and caring for.