Old March 29th 04, 04:56 PM

In article ,
Arjun Ray wrote:

I would never leave a trap unmonitored overnight.

Yeah, when I started trapping, I ran into the same question and decided
against leaving the trap for more than an hour at a time--and even an
hour seemed excessive. My reasoning went like this: when a animal is in
the trap, it is helpless and completely exposed.

Already under a great deal of stress just from being trapped, the
animal is also abjectly subject to any passing adversity or threat. If
the trapper's intent is to help the trapped animal, then best to
quickly isolate it safely and comfortably so it isn't at the mercy of
whatever vagaries it might encounter.

If I cannot monitor my traps in a timely manner, I don't trap.