Old June 7th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Desperately need advice

Response to "cybercat" :

snip

I seem to roughhouse with my dogs as if they are midget extreme
wrestlers. With my kitties -- although Gabby is twice as tough
as any dog I let own me -- I treat them like bags of marshmallow
fluff. WTF? *as i pull claws from my calf*

Don't do this. Gabby will run all over you. Lavish her with love,
but when she acts out, express your firm and stern diapproval.
Loud, sharp, abrupt noises. No swats, no water squirts. Startle
her. It works.

Then I guess I screwed myself on both extremes.

I am not sure if you remember how when we first came to know Gabby, I
roughhoused with him for a couple weeks (less than a month at least)
and then found out that was a MAJOR mistake.

Even after being altered last Christmas the spouse jokes that all of
the testosterone shot into his body at the moment they removed
"them" -- because Gabby is just... wow. Crazy? : P

So anyway, no roughhousing in almost eight months or so and it's like
he remembers everyday that I used to play with him that way.

He thoroughly enjoys love but on his conditions. And when he's done
he lets you know by nipping at you or putting the kitty-claw-bear-hug
on an appendage.

And watch out, because declawed cats tend to become
biters and back-claw aggressive.

It is probably Phat Cat who is the one most likely to cause
serious injury.

Thanks for that reminder. I had begun to worry because Phat Kat
bites a LOT -- but never hard. I forgot about them compensating.

Thanks for the advice.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.