Old January 27th 12, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default kindle

On 1/26/2012 9:43 PM, wrote:
Patok wrote:

On Jan 26, 8:19 pm, wrote:

In addition to changing the subject title, I also removed the
references from my first "Kindle" post. That way, my post should
not have been tied to your original thread. If it was, then I
apologize. This has come up before, and someone advised me to
remove references so that I am truly starting a new thread, not
just changing the subject line.

That would have worked. Unfortunately, there was one reference left
(the message you were replying to), and that was enough to preserve the
threading.

Oh, that was my fault, sorry. I thought I should leave just the one
reference in, to the post I was responding to (Mary's). I didn't realize
that would connect my post back to the big thread. Mary's reference was
the most recent one, and I thought I was breaking the connection to the
prior posts by removing all the previous references. So I just learned
something, thanks.

Which program are you using, that allows editing the
references? Thunderbird (the version I'm using now) doesn't allow it.

I use tin, which gives me access to the entire headers of posts. Not
that I fiddle with them, generally.

How about copying the quoted text and paste in a new post with the
new topic? Will that work?

This is the preferred solution. I'm doing it now - this here message
should appear alone, as a start of a new thread.

Yeah, I could do that, but I think next time I'll try removing *all* the
references when starting a new thread from an old one. As you said, that
should work.

It wouldn't work if you are doing a "reply", not matter what you remove
- even if you remove the entire body of the post. I don't know if
you'll see it, but I'll show you in a sec when I reply to you again.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/