Old January 27th 12, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default kindle

On 1/26/2012 9:49 PM, MatSav wrote:
wrote in message
Winnie wrote:
On Jan 26, 8:19 pm, wrote:

In addition to changing the subject title, I also removed the
references from my first "Kindle" post. That way, my post
should
not have been tied to your original thread. If it was, then I
apologize. This has come up before, and someone advised me to
remove references so that I am truly starting a new thread,
not
just changing the subject line.

That would have worked. Unfortunately, there was one
reference left (the message you were replying to), and that was
enough to preserve the threading. Which program are you using,
that allows editing the references? Thunderbird (the version
I'm using now) doesn't allow it.

If someone has a better solution for this, feel free to post.
But I
hope it doesn't come down to "start a brand-new topic from
scratch", because I want to have quoted text from the post
that
brought up a side issue I wanted to talk about. If I start
from
scratch, there's no quoted text.

How about copying the quoted text and paste in a new post
with the new topic? Will that work?

This is the preferred solution. I'm doing it now - this here
message should appear alone, as a start of a new thread.

Sorry, Patok - as JC explained, Outlook Express won't behave in
that way. Your message is still threaded with the others, though
the Subject in your message does show as "kindle", rather than
" kindle".

Hmmmm, Thunderbird didn't thread it - it posted for me as a new thread.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/