Old August 31st 03, 12:27 PM
Ann Martin

"Phil P." wrote

First, I have never stated that "all pet food contains large amounts
of rejected meat meals

...but you skillfully worded your phrases to leave the reader with the
impression all pet food contains contaminated or rejected ingredients. Most
pet owners know very little about feline nutrition and are very susceptible
to ambiguous statements. So its easy for an author to phase a statement in
such a way that the reader draws the conclusion the author wanted the reader
to reach without the author being liable for making false statements.

And what do you think is going into pet food? If it was meat, grains
or fats found fit for human consumption they would not be using them
in pet food. Meats, rejected, unfit for human consumption are used in
pet food. Animals, that contain high levels of hormones and drugs are
rejected for human consumption are dumped for pet food. Rendered
material, a wide array of dead animals, are mixed together to produce
meat meal. Talk to a meat inspector or an executive from a rendering
plant and they will tell you what is going for pet food.

Do you have any actual formal training in veterinary nutrition, or do you
just write books to make money by scaring people based on your own
conclusions and agenda?

These are not my "conclusions" or "agenda". Read the extensive
endnotes in any of my books and you will see that ALL information
comes from reputable sources.

Lets be realistic, if even 1/10 of your book was true, thousands of cats who
eat commercial cat food would be dropping like flies every day instead of
living well into their teens and early
twenties....

And thousands of cats did die from lack of taurine in the commercial
pet foods.

At least you oppose raw feeding.. I'll give your book that.

.