Old January 27th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Age Appropriate Dress?

CatNipped wrote:
I'm watching "The View" and one of their "hot topics" was whether women
should stop wearing certain types of clothing as they get older (the example
used was women who were over 40 shouldn't wear "Juicies" work-out clothes.
Someone said that *nobody* should wear sleeveless blouses or dresses if they
have flabby upper arms (here in Houston where it sometimes gets to be 115F
with 2000% humidity this flabby-upper-armed MaMere *really* objects to that
objection!).

What do you guys think? Should you not wear a mini skirt - even if you have
killer legs - past a certain age?

Honestly, I think people should wear whatever they want. But that
beinmg said - I find some styles unattractive. Miniskirts on "older"
women make them look like they are trying to be younger, which to me
disrespects their maturity - I believe a woman should love her body as
it ages and appreciate the changes that happen, and even if she
maintains a "killer" feature, it's sort of silly to wear something that
is really geared toward the 20-something and younger crowd, when there
are so many beautiful clothing syles which can be worn at any age.
Same for belly shirts and stilleto (sp?) heels. Those articles just
say "young girl" to me. However, I would much rather see a
40-something woman wear these styles that a pre-teen, which is becoming
more and more common these days shudder.

I also think heavier women should wear clothing that looks good on
their size. I think a heavy girl with fat rolls exposed is unsightly -
it looks like she borrowed her little sister's shirt and pants. Hip
huggers are also a problem for heavier women. I don't like clingy
clothing on anyone as I think it sort of defeats the purpose of wearing
clothing, and usually isn't attractive. Exposed arms doesn't bother me
as I don't see that as an age-related clothing style and arms are sort
of utilitarian, so to speak.

And, IMO, thongs are gross on anyone. Butt floss is just nasty.

-L.