Old January 28th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Age Appropriate Dress?LONG

dnr wrote:
I can't stand anything on my bod except 100% cotton either. I
still dress appropriately when I leave the house. But only because I
have to. I don't like it!

Sherry

You know, years ago I worked with a guy who told me once that
he wore/bought only cotton clothes and would tolerate only "natural"
(this was long before "organic" became popular) fabrics next to his
bod. I thought that was a little strange, but could totally relate to what
he said, in *reverse*.......I have never, since childhood, been able to
tolerate silk, silk-like, nor slick acrylic cloth on my skin. No reason.

Part of my 100% cotton hangup comes from childhood. My grandmother
*just loved* to sew with polyester double-knit. She made all my
clothes. And I hated that stuff, even when it was fashionable. I swear,
if my closet had caught on fire, it would have smoldered for weeks.

Sherry