Old February 28th 04, 07:16 AM
Mogie

It varies from cat to cat. My youngest are extremely affectionate but on
their terms. That means when they choose to be loving. Seems to be that way
with all my cats. They must read the Bible. A time to play and a time to
love.

Tim May wrote in message
In article , Ablang
wrote:

How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be

little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep

with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now

since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that

was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

I've been with 3 cats since 1980. My cat in 1980-82 (had to give him
away when I was transferred) was a tiger stripe. He slept on my bed at
night, when he wasn't out catting around (I didn't have him neutered).
Very affectionate, when he was around.

In 1987 I got a blue-point Siamese, named Nietzsche. I had him neutered
at about 10-11 months of age. He was very bright, was with me nearly
every minute of every day (I retired when I when I was 34), and was
extremely close to me. He slept on my bed every night, often tucked
under a cover.

In 1991 I got a Havana Brown, a cousin to Siamese, named Mousse
(chocolate brown). He was also neutered, at whatever time the vet was
recommending in those days. He was a bit more cat-like than my Siamese,
but was very attached to his "big brother." They slept together, which
meant they slept on my bed. And they were often in my lap, together, as
I wrote articles like this on the Net, from 1991 to 2002.

Nietzsche, my best cat buddy of all time, died in early 2002.

Mousse is nearly as affectionate, but in a more "ADHD" way, i.e., he
won't stay still when being held, for more than about 20 seconds. He
will stay on my lap for hours if he is the one choosing the posture. He
often sleeps in my bed, but he also likes to walk on the headboard
above my bed, or jumps down, and he has a "nest" in another room he
likes to sleep in...I often find him in this "nest" on cold mornings.

(When his "brother" Nietzsche was still alive, Mousse slept on top of
Nietzsche, wherever Nietzsche picked as his sleeping place, which was
99% of the time on my bed.)

--Tim May