Old August 1st 03, 08:08 AM

In article ,
Bob Brenchley. wrote:
On 29 Jul 2003 15:36:41 +1000, wrote:

Cats are NOT cage animals. If you live in an area where, for whatever
reason, you feel unable to allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for
at least some time each day (and only you can judge your area) then
don't have a cat. To have a healthy cat, knowing you will keep it in
24/7 marks you are being cruel, selfish, or both.

I'm new to rec.pets.cats and a new cat owner. I was surprised by this
vehement claim. Is this just your personal opinion, or are you an expert
such as a vet? What organisations or studies support your claim?

I'm a cat person of over 40 years standing.

Don't your feet hurt?

Took Frank for his first spacewalk today. My suspicion that the big chunky
guy is, in fact, a dog were increased when the only harness that would fit
him was a small dog harness. He was very good and patient about the
harness, and excited to be outside; he was a bit puzzled that I was always
two feet behind him. :-) It was all a bit much after five minutes, so he
hastened back indoors. Interestingly, I think he was tracking himself; a
few nights ago he made an unauthorised exit by knocking out a flyscreen,
only to come straight back to the front door and meow until he woke us up.
He knows where his food bowl is. :-) Anyway, further harness practice and
outdoor adventures to come.

Kate Orman
http://www.zip.com.au/~korman/
"I have no idea what that meant." - Dot Warner