Old June 1st 05, 05:16 PM
R & K

Martin Jay wrote:

Magic and Ebony have a habit of losing their collars quite regularly and
replacements are quite expensive for what they are.

My father had a magnetically operated flap for his cat, sorry, don't
know what brand. After Boots lost both collars with their fancy magnetic
tags, he just went down to the old computer & geek junk store and bought
a bunch of magnets that were shaped like Lifesaver candies. They were
small enough, and with the doughnut shape, were easy to sew onto a new
collar. Best of all, they were CHEAP. You might sniff around and see
if you can find some similar. Try one, see if it will trip your cat
flap, then buy them by the dozen.

Rocchelle,
who is the personal doorman for her cats.

P.S. For the computer geeks out there, try setting something up like:
http://www.quantumpicture.com/Flo_Co...lo_control.htm
My dad was very tempted, since Boots had a habit of dragging in anything
he could fit through the cat flap: birds, mice, lizards, etc. Only
reason he didn't bring in a deer was it wouldn't fit!