Old October 5th 15, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Your cat doesn't love you: science

My friend is in hospital at the moment and her cat Milo is crying
when he can't find her even though her 2 daughters and husband are
still there looking after him and loving him. Says it all really.

Yes it does. It may not be the same kind of love that humans feel,
but our pets do love us, no matter what science says.

Dunno what other word fits when my Chloe sits on my chest looking
into my eyes from inches away and purring, then pats me on the face
to remind me to keep on stroking her.

On the other hand I think we do need a special word for what's going
on in Marblecake's little mind when she waits till I'm sitting on
the loo, steps into my trousers, stands up on her hind legs and starts
chewing my kneecaps. It can probably be expressed by a single meow
in Tabbyese.