Old June 15th 04, 02:40 AM
MadHatter

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:37:08 GMT, Laura R.
wrote:

circa Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:23:19 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
MadHatter ) said,
thanks everyone for your help with my Shaina!
she is doing much better now and is all lively and responsive. her
gums are still pale though. still, i wonder why she doesn't care for
play. she chases a string for a little while, or bats it around, but
then she looks up at the hand and loses interest. she is quite vocal
about getting fed and demands being walked to the kitchen to make sure
that food is there. it's so very practical on her part: why make two
trips in case there's no food, when she can always get a human to go
with her to make sure that food is there. her tummy is kinda big,
but she has regular bowl movement, so i hope it's normal for a kitten.
she grew in the 2 weeks i had her! is there a chance of her
developing feline infectious peritonitis and could the large tummy be
related to that?

It's normal (and healthy) for kittens to have those round tummies;
don't worry. As far as the pale gums and disinterest in long play,
she's still recovering blood cells from the anemia, so give her time.
I wouldn't worry about FIP at this point.

Laura

thanks so much! i was worried.

-L