Old June 11th 04, 10:32 PM
~*Connie*~

Actually, most places around here for a long time had a very small hand out
near the hartz that warned that cats can have reactions. Although honestly,
I haven't see it in a while.

I am appalled that not only does hartz continue to sell it, but no one has
required they stop! I mean come on.. where's PETA (said with only a smidge
of sarcasm)

Unfortunately, most people just don't know about the danger. I think
every veterinarian, shelter, groomer, breeder and pet store should
display warnings about Hartz, personally. If the woman in the story
had been told about the dangers when she bought the product, I highly
doubt she would have put it on her cat. If the law isn't going to
require that these products be adequately labeled (or better still,
pulled off the market), then I think pet stores, etc., should take it
upon themselves to warn people of the dangers. And it would be a
heckuva lot more effective than the occasional news story about a cat
that was killed by these products.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde