Old March 24th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How many times a day should I feed Tessie?

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
I put the bowl back on the dresser yesterday after they knocked it off
the cat tree... I just heard scrunching sounds and thought 'good
Tessie's having lunch' but then I swivelled my head and saw black fur
on the bench, and grey fur up on the dresser... wrong cat eating!
Silver's way too pudgy already - the last thing she needs is extra
calories!

Since Silver can (and quite happily will) get up to the cat feeder on
the dresser I don't know what else to do other than to start giving
Tessie definite feeding times and put the bowl away somewhere in
between. She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?

Perhaps call the vet and ask how much she should be fed? I think it's
really a subjective thing to ask how much she should eat. The fact is she's
being fed (and thank you for taking her in and doing it!!) so at this point
I'm not sure it matters what she eats or how much.

Jill