Old March 29th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Diabetic Cat question

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:26:47 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:59:49 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:47:58 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Try avacado's cut up with grapefruit sections with salad dressing
poured on....

Try avocado cut up with slices of sweet onions such as Vidalias
drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.

I'll try that. I'm not supposed to eat grapefruit sections because
it interferes with some diabetes medication I take. (But I cheat
onde in a while) I do put onilns in almost anything I pickle
anyway, so I will try what you suggest. I started using jalapenos
as a substitute for salt many years ago, and today, at 77, my
blood presure is about the same as the average twenty year old. I
don't even have a salt shaker on my dining room table.

That served as a salad for dinner usualy draws several "ahhhhs".

My blood pressure and cholesterol are high. I'm on medication for
both. I try to exercise at least every other day.

I hate exercising, with the exception of swimming. This is a, "cool"
way to exercise, (literally) If there is a "Courthouse" or other
pool nearby, you should join it and swim at least an hour a day. Try
to see how many laps you can do in an hour, and watch the total
build up with time. It also builds up your breathing ability, which
is very good for me, since I am a trumpet player. (and I am trying
to cancel out the 29 years that I smoked earlier in life)

I have an aversion to swimming pools. I don't mind the ocean, but the
last time I went into a pool, I got a terrible sinus infection.

(Don't forget freshly ground pepper on the salad)

W@ith my arthritus, swimming works well for me. It is, "soft" on the joints.
I did pick up an eye infection many years ago in a public pool, but it was
very crowded. I swim in the late evening an hour before closing time. The
pool is usually empty other than me. Of course, if I had a heart attack, I
would probably drown before anyone came to find me. But, that's OK..... It
would be a nice way to go....:^)