Old August 31st 05, 04:29 PM
Ollie Clark

EADGBE wrote:
My question is this: If Albert IS still out there, and there IS still a
chance that he will visit my house, what is the LONGEST period of time
I should wait? How many days/weeks? (Albert has been missing since July
16.)

Well, for your own peace of mind, you should probably stop expecting him
to return home. After a month it becomes more and more unlikely. If he is
still alive, he's probably perfectly happy where he is so is less likely
to come back.

I have read some of the cat stories on this website, but I would like
to hear more.

How long has it taken YOUR cat (or the cat of someone you know) to
return home again?

Having said the above, we had a cat who went missing. After about a month,
we gave up searching and assumed he'd been killed or had found himself a
new owner. Then every so often people would mention that they'd seen him
around. We didn't pay much attention as he was one of a brother and sister
who looked quite similar so we just assumed that they'd seen his sister.
Then about a year after he went missing, he turned up at the house as if
nothing had happened and settled down to eating and then went to sleep in
one of his favourite corners.

We eventually found out that an old and senile woman down the road had
"adopted" him and shut him in her flat. She'd feed him fresh meat/fish all
the time so on the odd occasion he did escape (when people reported
sightings) it's no wonder he went straight back there! In the end though,
the building management found out she was keeping a cat in there and
kicked him out so he wandered back up the road to us.

Good luck!

--

http://www.ollieclark.com/acronyms.html