Old November 30th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Underground radio type fences

"Zy" wrote
Lots of fast-moving vehicular traffic here (only a mile or so from
Trenton, NJ). And there are some low class neighbors that are cause for
worry. I'm uncertain about the disposition of the adults, but there are
several undisciplined youngsters that should be considered harmful; not
just to animals.

You're very smart. Have you considered one of the outdoor enclosures for
cats? I would still want to be at home when I allowed my cats out in one of
these, but they seem neat. With regard to radio fences, I have never heard
of these used with cats. I just saw one system at Drs. Foster and Smith for
$200. I still would not leave the cats unattended, too many sickos out
there.

If you like to spend time outside reading or such, maybe a harness and long
lead would work for you. Thanks for being a responsible cat person and not
allowing your cat to roam.