Old September 25th 04, 06:58 PM
MaryL

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message

I have exchanged phone messages with the woman who has Morganna (now
Tallulah -- I like it, it fits her). She sounds nice, and intends on
keeping her inside, but I cannot get to talk to her about declawing
:-( I am going to send her my adoption contract (got it somewhere off
the 'Net and revised it to including a "no-declaw" section), along
with some info downloaded probably from zuzu's site (yes, really!
lol! Hey, good information, is good information!), and see what she
does with that. I hate to think of this little one being declawed,
but it is pretty much out of my hands in all ways at this point. The
woman was open to looking at the contract, though, so we shall see.
With luck, she won't even be cosidering declawing anyway, and all will
be well. Sounds like she really loves Morganna, she's getting along
with her two other cats, has lots of toys, good food, etc. And at
least she is out of that hellhole where she was.

Ginger-lyn

Ginger-lyn,

I know this has been a very difficult, time-consuming, and stressful
situation for you. However, in the future, please (1) get the adoptive
"parent" to sign the adoption papers, including the declaw agreement,
*before* you release a cat into their care; and (2) have a serious
discussion about declaw and make sure that there will be no "afterthoughts"
about it -- again, *before* adoption (or fostering, if that could lead to
adoption).

MaryL