Old June 22nd 04, 06:06 PM
Annie Wxill

"Camilla Cracchiolo" wrote in message
.. Sigh. Here I was hoping for some actual practical information about
getting food down my cat and how to help ease the mouth sores and I
have to get this BS. All practical information is still welcome, BTW.

When the pain relievers no longer work well, when he's too weak to
jump up on the bed and doesn't want to be held or touched or purr
anymore, THEN I will have a vet come to the house to put him down.
I'll first give him an extra heavy dose of his pain pills so he's
sedated and not scared and I'll be right there with him. But it will
be when HE's ready to go and not just because it hurts me to know he's
dying.

Camilla Cracchiolo

Camilla,
I don't have any experience dealing with a cat with mouth sores, but I want
you to know that my heart goes out to you.
The only thing I can suggest is a feeding tube, which would bypass the mouth
sores. I have no experience with feeding tubes, either, so I can't say if
it would help or only make things worse.
I regret that I had to snip the majority of your post, but my newsreader
will not send if the response is much shorter than the original message.
It is obvious from what you wrote that you are doing whatever you can to
help your cat with the best quality of life possible during whatever time he
has left. You are the one who is in touch with your cat and you are putting
his needs first.
You do not owe explanations to insensitive people or to anyone who only
wants to increase your sorrow.
Annie