Old September 29th 16, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Iowna checks things out

Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Iowna meets the leader. Finding the issue is low food, she dumps per
backpack and explains, they will bring all the food they need, plus
LOTS extra for the folks here. Meantime, Cash looks about and is
glad he snagged some extra food. He dumps his backpack with it's
emergency stack of 5 cans of Fancy Feast and 5 of larger dog food
types.

[Sammy 'ports to the canyon and spots Iowna, Daisy-chan, Cash, Pete,
and the Siamese sisfurs and is startled to see that the bobcat is an
orange (ginger) tabby. He figures that must be a good sign, since
orange tabbies MUST be good folks. He approaches the bobcat.]

Hello, Mister Bobcat, sir. Mine name is Sam, and I'z a
repurresentative of FluffyKitz Catering. I hear from Iowna dat youz
guys could use some help wif your food supply. I bringed along a
special freight teleporter dat is linked directly to the FluffyKitz
warehouse, so'z we can git bunches an bunches of fudz here fast.

I see dat dere is a few of youz bobcats, an a couple bears, and a
bunch of bunnies and skwirls an birds an lizzards an snakes. We'z
gotz lots of fudz fur all deze aminals, and I'll be glad to bring a
whole bunch of goodies through. It looks like Iowna an Cash is
setting up some tents fur supplies an stuff, an we'z gotz a nice TED
available to help any aminals dat got hurted.

The BobCat looks up and freezes for a moment. Then jumps up and
nose-boops Samuel Redcat!

He drops back with a blush but they are all hungry. He's not thinking
yet of other than full tummies but knows a few need to have a TED as
well.

Looking over Samuel's list, he adds:

1 bale hay with grain attached
40lbs sweet potatoes

Scratching in the sand and trying to add:

20 cabbages
10 pumpkins

Then counting hard on fingers, 80lbs cat food (the wolves can eat it
but the cat types will go blind without taurine added).

Sitting back, the BobCat hopes it was not too much to ask for. It was a
thin amount for a month so it was minimal for their side. They guess
the other side needs the same?

He looks at it and hopes, then grabs several good diggers. They have
just the right spot to dig a root celler if more arrives. They see one
on the other side just as good and start digging it out too.

Beevers who know how to make covers, come to help.

He sits back and looks hopeful. He's quite thin, having passed much of
his portion of food to kittens and puppies and squirrels and porcupines
and such.

He sees a rather large Beagle park a little one by him and knows it's
Iowa. The bigger one goes to help dig out cool spot for the storage.
He settles down with Iowna and whispers what he sees to her.