Old July 28th 14, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Default Feral cat visitor with fur problem

On 7/28/2014 9:16 AM, AL_n wrote:
I could probably grab hold of him long enough to
apply some Spot-on flea drops to the back of his neck, but I don't know if
fleas are the problem. It could be some other kind of parasite or skin
problem, couldn't it?

Can anyone advise?

............Depends on where you live. I'm in FL where it's flea central
and if you've got a cat chewing on him/herself, it's liable to be fleas.
..............I picked up a stray kitten that not only had fleas but
feline lice! Everyone in the clinic rushed over to the microscope as
it's pretty rare to see them.

Revolution kills fleas and lice, so I'd go ahead and get some and apply
it. Keep an eye on the cat and if you see no improvement in 3 weeks,
reapply.

......Does this cat come in every day for food? If not, could be
malnutrition. Or ringworm, in which case you'll have to dip the cat.

buglady
take out the dog before replying