Old October 16th 03, 01:44 PM
Ted Davis

On 16 Oct 2003 03:05:59 -0700, (Nord Stjern)
wrote:

snip

Overall, they snuggle with each other a lot, which is why I have kept
them together. I am now debating separating them and putting both in
with another (more socialized) cat. Opinions welcome!

I have a somewhat parallel case - as a kitten, he was tame and
friendly, but as he grew up he became very afraid of me (his sister
became a lap cat). Alone, he can't be touched, but when next to a
tame and friendly adult, he can be petted, and even picked up ...
sometimes he will even jump into my lap if his favorite adult is
already there.

Progress in resocializing him is very slow, but without the friendly
adults, I don't think I would make any progress at all.

Curious thing: he likes to be around me, but hovers just out of reach.

T.E.D. )