Old July 2nd 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default We got the poo meds

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Jul 1, 5:09 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

news

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

If I cannot get the crushed up tablets into her somehow I will ask TED if
the injectable version is available here.
She must have ingested some of it - no poos at all today and although she
didn't go metrin hidden in the yoghurt or cream route this morning - she
noticed it in the cream, has never had yoghurt and sez she never wants to
thank you very much. Which is a pity. Such perfect organic probiotic
yoghurt would have been good for her intestinal flora ;-)
However, there was some lovely fat settled over the solidified stock
around
the chicken I roasted for her so tonight I took a teaspoon or so of it,
hid
the crushed meds in it, added it to the chopped up chicken she was going
have and VOILA! Down the hatch it went.
I know very well that her escapade, and the food she must have been given
has given her some sort of IBS. Her poo was perfect until then. I do truly
know her better than the vet thinks he does. Because she was in hospital
recently and presented again at the surgery with something else quite soon
wonder whether he's started to not see past her age and see it as some
sort
of multi-organ failure. I will raise this with him next time I see him.
She even ate a bit of "cat food" today.
She continues to be bright and cheerful and interactive with me and
doesn't
sleep all that much. I think she has a while yet..

Oh Tweed, I certainly hope so (re your last sentence). It is
completely awesome news that she ate her meds with the chicken
"fat".

Many vets won't look past age (at least with *my* cats), I hope he
listens to you.

===
He won't have much choice ;-) Please continue your NDN songs and offerings,
I have a lot of faith in them, along with purrs and prayers, it healed *me*
from what I was told was certain death. Awesome.
Thank you, Annie.

Tweed