Old October 23rd 04, 04:54 PM
Ted Davis

On 23 Oct 2004 04:36:33 GMT, CATherine
wrote:

I thought briefly about planting a larger pot of grass; but decided
they would probably lie in it and smash the grass or dig in it for you
know what.

I used to use rectangular planters in rotation: one on the low window
shelf for the cats and two under lights where the cats couldn't get
too them. Yes, they lie down in the planter, and even argue over gets
to lie down when. I tried everything: spikes, metal mesh that the
grass could grow through (that sort of worked), and several other
things. What actually worked best was moving to the country and
installing a cat flap so the cats could come and go as they want.
Fortunately, there are few stray cats, and the neighborhood cats that
come over here are friendly ... and my alpha male is so huge that his
very presence deters aggressive strays.

--
T.E.D. )