Old January 11th 04, 03:27 AM
Cat Protector

I would advise an ear cleaning before calling a vet. If they still smell bad
after that, then call a vet.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message
I've always noticed that my cat's ears smell a little strange. It's not
necessarily a bad strange, but they sort of smell like cookie dough to

me.
Is this unusual or do most cats have cookie dough or odd-smelling ears?

The
rest of her face and body smell pretty normal, as far as cats go. Her
breath smells a bit fishy but I'm pretty sure that is normal. She

doesn't
have ear mites, as far as I know, and the insides of her ears look

pretty
clean. Any ideas as to why the cookie dough smell?

I swear I'm not trolling--her ears really do smell like cookie dough!

rona

Off course, I'm going to return to the old standard (but correct)

statement
that you need to call a vet. However, my *guess* would be either ear

mites
(even though you can't detect them yourself) or possibly a yeast

infection.
I would be particularly suspicious of the yeast infection because of the
type of odor you described. Only your vet can make the proper diagnosis

and
prescribe treatment.

MaryL