Old March 17th 04, 04:30 AM
Mischief

snip story of human forcing cats to act completely against their
nature

This is really sad and abusive. You shouldn't be forcing your cats to do
something that is completely unnatural. Why do you think they keep
having "accidents?" There are no accidents. They are just trying to pee
the way *they* want to and were *intended* to, not the way you are
trying to force them to. The whole idea of making a cat use a human
toilet, which involves them trying to balance on a slippery toilet seat
and does not allow them to dig and bury, is really cruel and I hope you
get a little common sense and stop this nonsense.

Megan (disgusted)

Whoaaaaaaaa girl! That's your opinion, sweeheart. But you don't even
have the whole story.

First of all, I'm a little tired of having to clean up litter the
bathroom every day. My cats go overkill when it comes to burying
their stuff, so everytime they use the box there's about a cupful of
litter on the floor, even with a litter box with a lid around the
edges. Litter that I end up stepping on every time i go into the
bathroom. Do you know what's it like to get out of the shower and
step on cat litter? No matter how much I clean it up, it's always
there. And that happens every time, no matter where the litter box
is.

You probably would say to put the box in the garage. What you don't
know is, I don't make enough money to be able to live in a place that
has a garage. I have a tiny outdoor patio, but I live on the first
floor and these are indoor cats. I don't want a stinky litter box out
when I have guests over, and I don't want litter all over my carpet.
So what does that leave? The bathroom.

Second, I'm a full time student and I also work. Expenses are tight
and 30 bucks a month on cat litter is a bit much. I can't use those
pearl/crystal types cause it doens't really lock in the odors. Since
I'm in the bathroom, I need flushable litter.

Thirdly, you say it's completely unnatural for a cat to do this. Oh,
is it natural for my cat to use my roommate's bed for a litterbox
while she's out of town? Is it natural for them to pee on carpet or
piles of clean clothes?

Finally, you say I'm a cruel person to do this. Wow, guess you have
joined all the people in this world that hate me. Guess I'm going to
stay up late and think long and hard about how I offended you.
Better refill my anti-depressants.

That's your opinion and I don't agree with it, but when it comes down
to it, I really don't give a care what you think.

If it works, cool. If not, I'll try to figure out other solutions.
I think it can work, and I'll just have to wait and see.

Kristi (unaffected)