Old January 13th 17, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Rain

On 1/13/2017 8:45 AM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:40:37 -0800, Joy wrote:

I know animals that usually are able to do outdoors get antsy when it
rains, just as kids do.

Koala has been an indoor cat ever since I got her. She was originally
feral, and has never wanted to go outdoors since. It is raining, and
she is really acting goofy. She has spent a couple of minutes looking
out the sliding glass door and repeatedly meowing. She has attacked her
sisfur a few times (She does it occasionally, but usually not more than
once or twice a day), and she has had the zoomies.

The zoomies? Joy, I'm going to adopt that word. I've been calling it Crazy Kitty
Mode until now, but I like Zoomies better. So from now on, that's what I'm
calling it when Minnie keeps on tearing through the house from one end to the
other, usually including a few runs upstairs and back down again, and often with
at least one complete trip from my computer table in the dining room all the way
to the couch at the opposite end of the living room without touching the floor
even once.

FWIW, the above is exactly what she was doing the night before you posted this,
when it was raining and very windy here. Purrfect timing!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

LOL! I didn't invent the word. I discovered it here, just as you did.
It conveys a lot in a single word.

I think you may be fairly new to the group. If so, welcome. It is a
fun group. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've been a member for a number
of years now. Like any group of people, cyber or otherwise, it is
constantly evolving as people come and go. I've been fortunate enough
to meet a few of the people who used to post here, but they've all left
the group for one reason or another.

Joy G
Simi Valley, CA