Old February 22nd 05, 04:26 PM
Kelly

Well Oscar the meowing cat never did stop meowing and howling. I tried many
different things to get him to stop, including sleeping in the room with
him. Turns out what he is really meowing about is that he really wants to
see my other cats. Unfortunately, my cats aren't enthusiastic about this
idea. Oscar did not stop meowing the whole night.... from 5pm to 7am this
morning he never slept (and this is a cat that just had surgery
yesterday!!). I had one, maybe two hours of sleep. Needless to say I had
to call in sick today.

The whole plan with Oscar was to have him live here for 2 weeks, and then my
fiancee and I get our new house March 11 and we were going to move in and
slowly work on the new place and Oscar would come with us and live there
(along with the 4 year old neutered male). Well with the way Oscar is
howling, I'm afraid to report that I took him this morning to be boarded at
the local vet clinic until we gain access to the new house on March 11. I
cannot be kept up like this. I feel that the solution would be to give him
free run of the house, but this is not possible because I'm my cats will
freak and get their noses out of joint. This is not fair to them. I even
tried putting him in our basement, and his howls could still be heard all
over the house. I kept thinking "Okay, he has to stop soon because he has
to sleep". Nope...

This cat was so exhausted that he slept the whole car ride to the vet
hospital this morning. Poor thing. Fortunately, he is familiar with this
vet hospital because this is where he was quarentined for "claim" for a week
before I took him (I wanted to make sure he wasn't someone elses cat). He
gets a very big cage there and all the staff love him and we can go visit
whenever we like. I'm hoping these next couple weeks go quickly, because
boy did I feel guilty bringing him back there.

I talked to the vet and she said his howling could certainly be due to the
fact that he's still technically a Tomcat. It takes a while for all those
hormones to wear off. She assured me he would settle in just fine in the
new house.

sigh

Kelly