Old September 14th 03, 10:32 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Brian or Sharon Beuchaw at
wrote on 9/14/03 3:01 PM:

If anybody's read the entire post I made earlier, thanks, and I wanted to
add a couple of things.

Please, no holy war on whether or not to declaw and how good/bad we are
if we do/don't do it.. :-)

And it appears that our options a

Wait and see what happens and how they get along (and Golddust might or
might not get sick in the future, possibly because of the other cat's
presence or possibly just because sometimes it happens due to other
factors).

Use Soft Paws on the kitten to see if the claw issue is really an issue
(which wouldn't take away the stress caused by the presence of the kitten
and might or might not keep Golddust healthy)

Declaw the new kitten (which wouldn't take away the stress caused by the
presence of the kitten and might or might not keep Golddust healthy)

Take the new kitten back to the agency we got her from so there won't be
the stress of her presence (and this might or might not keep Golddust
healthy, since illness can sometimes just happen due to other factors).

Opinions on any of the above?

Thanks again for reading.

brian

Personally I think you just need to do a slow introduction. Clawed and
declawed cats can do fine together. I'm glad you've seen the light about
declawing.

Karen