Old May 18th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default You've got to read this

Suddenly, without warning, PawsForThought exclaimed (18-May-07 4:11 AM):
Here's another interesting article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18698701/

SHANGHAI, China - China says checks on food exporters have turned up
no sign of a chemical blamed for the deaths of cats and dogs in North
America, and urged U.S. authorities to refrain from further action
against Chinese producers.

You really gotta hope the FDA isn't that gullible. BOTH of the
companies implicated were completely closed and unable to be inspected.
In fact, one was razed to the ground.

Baseless supposition, but I'm entirely convinced the Chinese gov't knew
and supported these two companies and probably engineered the visa
delays so these two would be finished clearing out before the US would
be let in.

Oh, and so the one they did manage to inspect would be squeaky-clean.

Bah. I really wish I could get Meep to eat 'real' food. Only human
food I can get her to eat is Parmesan cheese, smoked salmon, and an
occasional shrimp. Not exactly the basis for a healthy diet.

jmc