Old April 20th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CorrieZ

Default Cat food brands--Science Diet = cat equivalent of rich folkbuying their people food at Whole Foods and other boutique grocery stores?

I wouldn't even feed Purina One. I have been convinced, by searching
online, reading, and even on recommendation from my vet, that cats are
not meant to eat dry food, and all the carbohydrates that are in there
can make them fat and contribute towards a shorter life. I have been
waging a slow but sure battle to convert my adopted cat over, since
he's never had anything but dry food. He was eating "Kit -n- Kaboodle"
which I understand is a nutritional horror show. I have been feeding
him the Wellness canned food, as well as EVO, topping it with a few
sprinkles of Pet Promise dry food when he feels he absolutely has to
have it. The Pet Promise is probably just as bad as anything else out
there, but I feel a little better now that he's eating more wet food
in proportion to dry.