Old July 8th 12, 12:18 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spider[_4_]

Default What is treat as opposed to food?

On 07/07/2012 17:44, pyotr filipivich wrote:
on Sat, 7 Jul 2012 08:08:33 +0000 (UTC)
typed in alt.pets.cats the following:
pyotr wrote in
:

on Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:07:18 GMT typed in
alt.pets.cats the following:
Forgot one question (thanks for all answers so far). I come across
suggestions that cats should be given "treat" once in a while. In
human terms I can understand that salad is food, banana split a treat.
What is a treat for cats, as opposed to food? How often?

Chicken Hearts - as a "bribe"
--
pyotr filipivich
Obi-wan once observed"The Force can have a strong influence on the

What about catnip as no calorie treat?

Buttons is a connoisseur. Ignore the cheap stuff, will find the
"good stuff" if I don't keep it in a sealed jar.
--
pyotr filipivich
Obi-wan once observed"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
Who knew Dubya was a Jedi Knight?

To me a treat must be something more than just a premium food treat. I
give my cats Webbox treats (they love them :@)!), but I feed the treats
by hand and talk to them and visually check them over while they're
close to me. Although a few cats love solitude, most are sociable and
enjoy time with their person. It is good bond-renewing behaviour and,
because I always offer treats within the pecking order, it also
reinforces pack hierarchy, which in turn is good for training.
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London