Old September 20th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Default prescription foods for Kidney disease/failure

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
oups.com...
We just found out that Jasmine, our 13-yr-old cuddle-cat has (at a
minimum) kidney disease. We are waiting on the urine test to find out
if it has progressed to CRF yet. But both her vets prescribed
low-protein cat food because of the elevated creatin levels in her
blood test (her BUN level is exactly at the high end of "normal"). I
have samples of several brands, but I wondered if anyone in the group
has any decided opinions based on experience (good or bad) with various
brands of the special low-protein Rx foods for kidney disease and
failure.

HI Elizabeth,
I've been using Hill's K/D chicken canned food. Molly, my geriatric kitty
seems to like it. I've heard the regular K/D isn't as palatable

Good luck, Bonnie