Old December 24th 04, 12:12 AM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:32:36 -0800, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
yodeled:

(snip)
My Mom hadn't a mean idea in her head, but remarks like that
were characteristic - not only with perfect strangers. Like
the time my brother and his wife (Minnesota "snowbirds")
came to see her after spending their winter in Arizona. The
first words out of Mom's mouth, when Charleene walked into
her room, were "Goodness, you've gotten fat!" (Charleene
HAD put on a pound or two, but since she has NEVER been
heavy enough to be described as "fat", Mom couldn't
understand why she burst into tears.)

Had an aunt like that, rest her soul. Her idea of a perfectly
acceptable conversational gambit was "So what birth control method are
you using, dear?"

Theresa