Old February 9th 05, 09:44 PM
Ted Davis

On 9 Feb 2005 07:20:37 -0800, "
wrote:

Ted Davis said:

There are also those of us who feel that it is more important that

the
cats be allowed to be cats instead of precious objects. I have a
number of cats and some of them are happiest living mostly outdoors in
the woods and fields while others are not at all sure that being
outdoors without their human is ever a good idea.

On the rare occasion that we can get our Main-coon to go out, he never
strays off of our deck. The 10 month old siblings however, beg to go
out night and day. I do wory about them a lot, but would not deprive
them of their love of the great outdoors and the hundreds of trees to
climb. The road is a little way from our house, but fortunately they
seem to be afraid of moving cars. It is sort of like your children; you
try to protrct them, but in the end they have to be their own persons
and risk living.

Yes indeed. I also have cats that avoid the road, not that it has
much traffic - only Snowball crosses the road to hunt, and not often
at that. They mostly stay on my property and on the more or less
abandoned property behind mine.

T.E.D. )