Old January 17th 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default What kind of kitty is this?

On Jan 17, 12:52*am, World Class Pins wrote:
Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
it is. *Cheers, Karl.http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/...057_WmQKz-A-LB

Maine Coons are built a little like Rail-type dragsters with long hind
legs. Their feet are also partially webbed (similar to a golden
retreiver) with long hair between the toes. Many (but not all) have
tufted ears as well. Adult males can exceed 25 pounds of healthy
weight, although the average is somewhere between 16 and 18. Our male
is 18 pounds. Long faces are standard (no shortening of the jaw).
Maine coons also have an undercoat that is pretty substantial in the
winter and minimal in the summer. They also shed in clumps.

Persians tend to be shorter, stockier, and have some degree or other
of pushed in face. They shed normally and normally have little or no
undercoat summer or winter. Weights tend to run up to 10 pounds with
outlyers as much as 14 or 15 pounds. Healthy weight, of course.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA