Old December 25th 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default My kitten refuge

It's cold. It's wet. Not the sort of weather a certain feral calico kitten
likes.

Tonight, Apache meowed at the door to be let in. She allowed me to dry her
off, and huddled against me for awhile. She even showed me her tummy.

After about half an hour, she wanted back out.

Another hour passes, and I have not yet modified the weather to
hersatisfaction, so she meows at the door once again, where she is dried
off again.

This time, she notices the soft, dry pillow on the cat tree, and goes
right to it to curl up.

I put some food and water on top, in hopes she will stay in. It has been
three hours now, and a nightlight has been left on for her. She is
currently looking down at me from her warm, dry perch on top the cat tree.
I think I hear a purr.

Hugs and Purrs
Mark
--