Old March 26th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Your "Fencing" Plan

I simply *must* get started on fencing this yard for the owners. I've
been hoping to learn that the neighbors with the three dogs are in fact
buying the house next door, which would probably mean they will be
fencing their yard, which would mean then I'd have fence on all three of
the longest sides of the yard.
My plan is to just put in posts with insulators and a wire near the top
of the existing fences. I already have the posts and insulators, and
enough welded wire to cover the space that the neighbors' fences don't,
and two gates. If the dog people do put up a fence, all I will need is a
roll of wire for the top.

I'm sure you already know this, but you would need to get permission from
the neighbors if they build the fence because it will be "theirs" and not
"yours" (especially if they build it a couple of inches inside their
property line -- which is the norm is this area, just to avoid questions
of ownership). It's possible that they will not want to see wire attached
to the top, but they might give permission to attach it down a few inches
so it would not be visible to them.
MaryL

I have a suggestion for you to find out re sale of nextdoor house: there
should
be a sign in yard OR a MLS for this property online. Call the listing RE
agent
and ask if the property is "under contract" yet. Do NOT identify yourself as
nextdoor neighbor and be vague re your i.d. and interests in the property.
See what you can find out (listen to boring details re property, if
necessary).
There is a way to find this out (re "contract") online but you'd have to be
RE agent to do so. OTOH, if you have a friend who is a RE agent, they
could find out if property is "under contract" easily.
Just a word of friendly advice, like MaryL's: in FL I lived in a large
house,
fenced with wood instead of the usual chain-link metal fence common there.
You better go down to the county/city/whatever authorities and research
putting electrified wiring on *someone else's fence*. I would have raised
holy hell if the adjacent neighbors on either side had tried that....but
fate
was kind; they both had huge dogs, and we spent 15 years in peace and
harmony.