Old October 29th 05, 05:53 PM
mlbriggs

Default cat wants company while eating

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:56:39 -0700, Elizabeth Blake wrote:

Stinky, one of my cats at work, is starting up with a behavior she has
shown on & off over the last few years. She likes to eat in her own
little "safe zone" at the back of the basement, where her bed & cat
furniture is.

I'll bring her food back there and she starts eating. I return to my
office and a few minutes later she comes in, screaming at me. If I ignore
her, she'll come over and put her paws on my leg and scream some more.
She'll continue to do this until I get up. She then heads back to her
safe area, looking back to make sure I'm following her. Once there, she
goes to her bowl and waits for me to squat/kneel down and she finishes
eating her food.

She seems to want me to be near her while she eats. She doesn't want me
to pet her, just watch while she eats. She does eat about half of the
food on her own before she comes to get me. I am usually not the first
person to get here in the morning, and other people usually give her
breakfast. She has no problem eating it all on her own and she doesn't
"ask" anyone else to watch her eat, just me. She does it every day when I
feed her dinner. Today I got to work early and she came to get me after
eating about 3/4 of her food.

She loves you. MLB